Yusr International School are committed to the wellbeing of all stakeholders. Y.I.S encourage the parents/guardians to be involved in the active participation of their children’s education. It is an essential belief that all complaints should be dealt with in the correct way and this policy is to outline the process of how complaints are dealt with.
Y.I.S welcome all complaints and they will be treated with confidentiality and will be resolved within a given timeline.
Purpose of the Complaints Policy
- The Complaints Policy will serve the school community and all parties can refer to it
- To support open communication between all parties
- To give a streamlined process for parents and their children
- To support the relationship between the school and the parents
If a parent has a minor complaint that they feel can be sorted out informally, they are able to meet the Principal or Heads of Sections in order to talk through the matter. These complaints can be resolved fairly quickly and the appointed member of staff will follow the matter through with the parent. All complaints will be noted and written records will be available.
Meeting with Supervisors/Heads of Sections
Parents are able to visit the school in order to talk to the relevant supervisor/Head of Sections in the case of any complaints. These complaints can be resolved fairly quickly and the appointed member of staff will follow the matter through with the parent. All complaints will be noted and written records will be available.
Open Door Policy
Y.I.S employs an open door policy where parents are able to visit the Principal on certain days if they would like to talk about any matters. The Principal takes records of all meetings and it is noted.
Formal Complaint Procedures
1. If there is a complaint, parents are able to make an appointment with either the Heads of Section or the Principal of the school. If the matter is a serious incident, a meeting may be arranged on the same. All meetings will be recorded
2. If the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome of their informal complaint, they are welcome to write a written complaint of which will go to the General Administration of Y.I.S of the respective schools (Boys and Girls)
3. A full investigation will be launched in order and parents should expect a time frame of five days for the results. Some investigations may be concluded earlier then that depending on the case.
4. If the complainant is still not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, they are able to refer it to the General Director of Y.I.S who will assign a panel of 3 or more individuals.
5. All minutes and other details will be recorded.
6. Once a decision is made, the complainant will be informed. If the school upholds the complaint, the necessary actions will take place. The complainant will also be informed if the complaint is rejected.